The overwhelming majority of company pages are setup in much the same way as profile pages. Displaying basic information and facts about the business.
Optimise your company page by creating a sales funnel which results in more conversions.
Turn your company page into a lead generation page
Use an appropriate image for your banner:
- The banner image is valuable real estate.
- You have the opportunity to immediately engage your audience.
- The goal is to invite further reading.
- An image says a thousand words so make sure it’s relevant and looks professional.
Display a short description and call to action text on the banner:
- Be concise with the description.
- Use various text sizes to guide visitors to the call to action.
- Headings should be in upper caps to draw attention to the value proposition.
- Using a separate font for the headings and description creates a subtle distinction which makes it easier to digest the message.
- Make use of complementary colours usually not more than two to break up the text.
The first two lines of the company summary are crucial:
LinkedIn only displays the first 2 or 3 lines of your company summary. It’s great that your company has offices in 3 continents but if you want to optimise for lead generation that won’t do. Instead focus on grabbing your audience’s attention.
- Speak directly to your target audience
- Describe your business value proposition precisely and concisely
- Get the reader to want to reveal the rest of the description
- Getting the prospect to click see more” opens up the click through opportunity to your website.
Optimise your recent updates to drive traffic to your site:
- The recent updates section is displayed immediately after the company summary.
- Again providing value will reward you handsomely.
- This is an opportunity to write great content with links to your website or squeeze page.
Company pages are an excellent opportunity to attract and capture targeted leads for your business. The techniques mentioned in this article are by no means exhaustive and there are many more tweaks and mods one could make.
By implementing the changes outlined in this post you will have covered the basics and have a solid foundation upon which to develop your LinkedIn inbound lead generation strategy.